At Fidlon Legal, we are uniquely qualified to represent physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals in employment matters. We understand the specific challenges facing healthcare professionals in the workplace, including patient privacy and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). We have represented numerous healthcare professionals in connection with disciplinary investigations conducted by medical licensing boards, employment contract negotiations, employment litigation and other workplace disputes. If you are a healthcare professional in need of legal assistance negotiating your employment or separation agreement, or if you have been unfairly disciplined or terminated, or have questions concerning a non-compete or non-solicitation agreement, or if you are being investigated by a medical licensing board, please call us. Our Atlanta healthcare professional lawyers will be happy to provide you with an initial case evaluation.
We also represent medical practices in connection with workplace-related legal issues. We serve as general corporate counsel to our clients, providing day-to-day advice and counseling on a myriad of employment law issues, litigation avoidance, defense of employment claims, drafting of employee handbooks and employment agreements, and more. Some of our services include:
- Wage/hour and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance
- Proper classification of employees vs. independent contractors
- Employee relations
- Employment discrimination
- Defense of employment litigation
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities
- Employee separations and severance agreements
- Non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret disputes
- Drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and related policies
- Unemployment appeal hearings
- Workplace investigations
- Representation in government agency investigations
If you are a healthcare professional or medical practice owner with a workplace-related legal issue, we want to hear from you. Please contact the Atlanta, Georgia healthcare professional attorneys at Fidlon Legal for an initial case evaluation.